Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween Festivities

When I see this outside my kitchen window I know exactly what the month will bring. Lots of baking, some costume making and spooky things here and there. I love October's colors and am so thankful I planted this little Maple tree seven years ago. It makes being in the kitchen in the fall so pleasant!
 I kicked off Halloween festivities with Chandler at Gardner Village. He and a friend did the Witch Hunt. It is always so fun to see their clever decorations. Chandler seems to enjoy it too, especially when there is a sweet cookie to be devoured at the end. The week before Halloween week we celebrated each night with some spooky dinner--Bats and Cobwebs, Monster Nachos, Brains and Meatballs. It was fun.
 My little astronaut and dragon. Chandler wasn't with us the week of Halloween so I did everything I could to be around when he was doing fun things at school. Watson and I popped in for the school costume parade. Watson even got to participate as Chandler insisted on carrying him the whole time. We did miss the class party though--the morning activity pooped out the dragon and the mom.
This year's dress up theme was about saving the princess from the dragon. Unfortunately the Knight in Shining Armor wasn't available until Friday.  So the two of us enjoyed the 3rd Annual Smith party without our Knight. He did make it home from Virginia and the dragon and he had a ball all night long.  The princess was finally saved!
The Halloween decorations were put away last night. I can't believe that fun little season is over. Its time now to gear up for the next big celebrations! It should be extra fun this year since Watson is a little older and wiser and eager to participate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you guys look great!
Way to go mom!