Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Something New

I am THAT mom. The one who tries to make sure her child is always clean, properly dressed, has everything in order. I know it inhibits my children some--I like to think it doesn't totally destroy all creativity. I also know it is something I need to work on. It is ok to let my boys get messy sometime. To really let them explore the world around them.  So, I tried it out with Watson one day last month.  Funny thing is, he didn't really like the dirty part of the playing much. In fact, once he realized he had slimy stuff on his hands, he couldn't wait to shake it all off--on to the floor, cabinets, counters, Mom. It was fun but I might wait to do this activity again for when he is a little older. At least he got some good dairy that day--I made the pudding with his whole milk!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

way to go mom! Tasty fun.