Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Egg Hunt and More...

I love our tradition of coloring Easter eggs at Grandma's in preparation for Saturday's hunt. This year we missed half more than half of the kids but did our best to color the DOZENs of eggs Grandma hard boiled. Watson's hair style is courtesy of Stratton in this picture. Stratton is his hero.
Watson was super excited to find more eggs than anyone else. Luckily, he didn't focus on that very long but just enjoyed running around with his favorite people, cousins. He and Stratton made a good time and worked well together.

The hunt for eggs is always a little tricky. The Easter bunny at Grandma's makes sure to mix in real eggs with candy filled plastic eggs. It's a little bit of a challenge to find them all but the kids do every year!



We always search for baskets inside Grandma's house. That bunny is tricky! Luckily, her house is small and the parents, kids, are persistent. 
Easter Sunday best, and vacation relaxation attire for the Hoopes' girls, captured on film.
Although I love these traditions that are fun, I do love to reflect on the miracle of the Savior's sacrifice and Atonement. Families couldn't BE if it weren't from Him. We couldn't be made whole if it weren't from Him. He is everything. I hope that remembering that always is a tradition I create with myself and my family.

No comments: