Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Decade in the Making

I love Scott. I remember when I first thought it and said it aloud to myself more than ten years ago in my living room. I loved him for being so sweet and caring for my comfort. I loved him for being such an involved and loving father. I loved him for his wanting to do the right thing and being willing to self examine. I loved him because it seemed we fit well together. We have been married ten years. I can honestly say it has been a grand adventure! Sometimes it has been really, really hard. And sometimes it felt like my heart would burst because of how great it is. I did marry Scott with my eyes half closed, and it is a decision I do not regret. It's been a decade and I hope there are many more and eternity ahead for us. We had talked about going to Italy for our 10th anniversary. Instead, we celebrated quietly with our new baby and cute Watson sleeping semi soundly in their beds. Italy will always be there when we can make it. I'm grateful we have this little family together and we can focus on that right now.

No comments: