Tuesday, August 30, 2016

First Day

A new school year! I'm not sure who is more ready, me or the kids. Chandler is starting his Junior year at a new high school, Skyridge. It is within walking distance of his mom's house. He said things are going great and is excited for this new year. I can't believe he's a JUNIOR! Will he be ready to set out on his own in less than two years? I hope so but there may be a sharp learning curve. He is so good, in so many ways. I'm excited about all that this year holds for him.
Chandler and his step-sister, Olivia.
Watson was completely excited to start school again. He was so ready to be with other kids all day and use his brain again. I just couldn't keep up with him this summer, such a smarty pants. He started in the Portuguese Immersion program but we switched him to a charter school the next week. I'm sure he will do great in a smaller setting. He is even more excited that he is at the same school as two of his cousins. I can't believe he is no longer my part of the day buddy, but he has been ready for a full day away for a long time.


No comments: