Tuesday, September 23, 2008

CHIRPING!




Most of you know that I really love Chandler and I would do practically anything for him...including allowing pets. About two years ago I agreed Chandler could use his birthday money to buy a gecko, Stripes. I was kind of outnumbered about this but consented as long as I didn't have to see or smell or deal with the yucky stuff that comes along with the lizard. Needless to say, I have seen and smelled and dealt with our little pet. My biggest "ewww" about having a gecko is that his diet consists mainly of live crickets. Right now I can hear chirping (usually the crickets are chirpless but every now and then, they aren't.) I don't know where it is coming from. I'm thinking that little bugger is in my kitchen or living room. I don't know how it happens, but crickets escape the cage somewhat regularly and I have found some--dead and alive. Usually I will call for Chandler or Scott to retrieve the escapee but there have been times I've handled it myself. I hate the thought of anything like this roaming the house, but, as I said in the beginning, I love Chandler. So, most of the time I ignore the incovenience and grossness of it all because he is happy and proud to be a gecko owner and I'm not ready for a dog. I'm getting closer...but I'm not quite there, I have to be ok to being a pooper scooper for as long as the dog shall live before we get one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dogs are not that bad.
Believe me I know!!!
They do have calming qualities and they are good for the kids...
I know, I never thought I would say this, but it is true!
So...maybe, someday...you will give a dog a chance.
Remington has been great for us!
Sarah