Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Halloween to Remember



So much fun! That was Halloween this year. I thought things could be a little different for this holiday for our family. I really wanted to have some of those traditions that I remember from my childhood. I asked Chandler if he would like me to make his costume this year. He wasn't thrilled about it, but he didn't have his heart set on anything specific so he humored me. Scott, Chandler and I visited JoAnn's and looked at different patterns. (I'm not the most creative seamstress but I can definitely follow a pattern.) Scott and Chandler's excitement didn't really begin until we came across the costume fabric...then the ideas came flowing. Chandler decided to be an alien, complete with a Mexican wrestler type mask, and Scott and I would be the MIB. Easy enough. Aside from sewing the pants together with one side right side out and one side right side in, there weren't a lot of frustrating moments. It was totally worth it though! Chandler was really excited to wear his costume and even asked if he could sleep in it. Scott was impressed with the final product (he was pretty nervous about my skills and kept asking me if I knew how to sew.) It was fun to dress up and be a family.
It seemed there was always something fun to do in October...parties, get togethers, pumpkin carving. We hosted the family pumpkin carving the Wednesday before Halloween. The weather was perfect! We built a fire and had treats set up in the courtyard.







Everyone had plenty of pumpkins to carve and the kids looked so great in their Halloween costumes. There were some real masterpieces this year! I can't wait for next year!









2 comments:

Walker Family said...

Sorry we missed it, we will have to come next year. Looked like a lot of fun.

The Hardy's said...

Great pumpkins and costumes! I'm impressed with your sewing skills--I don't even try to go there.