Sunday, February 28, 2010

How Long is Too Long?

Here I am, sitting in the kitchen, listening to Watson wail, knowing his crocodile tears are soaking his blanket, wondering, how long is too long? This past weekend I've tried (maybe not hard enough) to let Watson soothe himself and fall asleep on his own. I think we finally have the eating stuff managed so now it's time to focus a little more on the sleeping stuff. He is six months old on Thursday and although I wish he could be tiny forever, I do want him to grow and develop and progress.  So, here I am. Trying, and not really succeeding, with this part of his training.
My life is measured by the weeks Chandler is home and the months Watson adds to his life. I can't believe how fast my boys are getting big. I barely remember Chandler's five year old questions and snuggles--it seems so long ago. Amazingly, I can barely remember Watson as a newborn, all small and quiet. I feel it such a privilege to be a mother to these two. Heavenly Father has really blessed me with such patience and devotion for them. I enjoy each day I have to be with them and am really focused on loving each moment together, for I know it will NEVER be repeated.
Watson is quiet now. He has either fallen asleep or is entertaining himself by examining the miracle of his hands. Small successes lead up to my ultimate goal--raised boys who are independent, know how important they are, and want to do things to please Heavenly Father. I love my life.

No comments: