Thursday, November 1, 2012

We kicked off the Halloween season festivities with a little trunk or treat activity with my office. I got Watson's knight costume a month ago and he wore it around for several weeks and then decided he wanted to be Batman for Halloween. However, he let me dress him in this for this activity if I promised he could be Batman for everything else. Mission accomplished. 
Sweet Knight in Shining Armor and Minnie Mouse enjoyed all the Halloween activities my office had to offer. Watson was so cute running around from game to game and quickly picked up on the purpose of trunk or treating. He had a ball!

 The Hoopes' annual pumpkin carving was a success (thanks Chad & Amy for hosting.) We gathered the cousins for pictures and I just have to point out that the older the kids get, the less excited they seem to be about dressing up. Tori did throw on a mask, Brooklyn a wig and witch hat, and Chandler his handsome smile. 

 It is also a tradition on Halloween that I don't make dinner...ok it has only happened twice but I would like to make it a yearly event. Chipotle offered burritos to costumed customers, so I borrowed a cute witch hat and Watson was Batman and Scott was Scott and we enjoyed our little dinner....with about 100 other people.
 Thanks to the three patriotic witches for their visit. Batman was really excited to see them and we couldn't wait to eat our little chocolate donuts. It is always fun to see what these ladies come up with for costumes. (Vickie Anderson, Debbie Schmidt, and Mom)
 As promised Watson got to be Batman for every other Halloween activity and couldn't wait to trick or treat with brother. Chandler was so sweet to take Watson out in the neighborhood and was patient as Watson went from door to door, although he did charge a "candy tax" after the loot was collected. After the little trick or treat outing Chandler went to a friends house for festivities. Apparently 12 is the age boys really figure out ways to torment the public on Halloween. I found out later Chandler and his friends hid in big leaf piles and jumped out randomly to scare unsuspecting trick or treaters. Chandler had a great time and I'm so glad we live in a neighborhood he can safely roam and make his own.
Of course we also visited with the witches at Gardner Village. Watson thought the witch on the bike in the air was amazing. He wanted me to take his picture next to this little witch and I'm surprised he had no fear. 

No comments: