Monday, January 27, 2014

First Timer, Kind of


I think it a little ridiculous that as a native Utahn I don't know how to ski. Sure, I've been a couple of times. Always with friends. Always cautiously. Always without knowing what the heck I was doing. The last time was over 15 years ago and I hyperextended my knee. Not so fun that time. So, this winter Scott and I decided it was worth a little investment to get Watson and me started in this fun activity. We found a great deal for Utah residents for a day of lessons and ski rental at Canyons in Park City. We suited up in our warm outdoor gear and headed towards the mountains. Watson was pretty excited. I was probably just a little more excited. Scott came too, but just kept himself busy working while we were busy learning. I met really nice people, mostly transplants from here to there. Watson was in his own group and got good attention. It was a really positive experience all around. I would love to take a few more lessons and help Watson to love it too. We really need to enjoy living in the place with "The Greatest Snow on Earth!"




No comments: