Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Best One Yet

Mission accomplished! In January of this year I set a goal to run two half marathons, something I haven't done for eight years. This month I met my goal. In fact, my second race was one of my best ones ever. I ran the Big Cottonwood Half Marathon. The weather was perfect! The race was organized well and I had a great time. Although I couldn't convince anyone else to join me, I really had fun. The course was fast! I ran under a 10 minute mile most of the race, because it was down a canyon. The last couple of miles slowed me down but I was still really happy with my final time, 2 hours 13 minutes. I was 12 minutes faster than my race in March. 




Scott was waiting for me at the finish line. I love him. I'm grateful he has been so supportive while I worked on meeting this goal. I'm grateful my body was strong and I really had few injuries to slow me down. I may set another goal next year...we shall see!

No comments: