Tuesday, October 14, 2014

GOAL!!!

It feels like the dust of moving has settled and we can participate in normal life again. For Watson, this meant community soccer. We signed him up with Marv Jensen Rec Center for the Fall season. He loved it! He was outfitted with a whole uniform and couldn't wait to play. I inadvertently became the team's coach. I will admit it was kind of a stretch for me. I've never played soccer or coached anything. How hard could it be though? It's 10 five year olds running around a field. It was pretty fun actually. The kids were enthusiastic and pretty good listeners. 

Watson played in all but the first game. He scored in the last four games, once being for the opponent. Although we didn't keep score, he always knew how many goals we had. It was a great season. He had fun, I had fun and he continues to develop his athletic skills. I love to watch him play!

No comments: