Thursday, July 30, 2015

Our Sweetest Daisy Belle

My due date was August 4th, one month before Watson's 6th birthday. We were so grateful for a healthy, normal pregnancy. My insanely swollen condition was inconvenient but not dangerous for me or our baby girl. Needless to say, I was very ready for the beginning of August to come quickly. Dr. Langer said it would be fine to schedule a C-section for our 39 week mark. That was a relief. We planned to deliver the baby on July 29. I was the one pushing for a July baby, then we could share a birthday month! Everything was scheduled and ready but at 1:45 am on July 27th our girl had a different plan. My water broke and Scott and I were a bit confused as to what to do. We woke up Chandler to let him know we were headed to the hospital, I changed my clothes and threw a few more items in my hospital bag. We were checked in and hooked up to a hear monitor within 30 minutes. I was excited and nervous and happy all at the same time. This labor experience was definitely different than with Watson. I started heavy contractions within the hour and really wasn't sure how long I could last. Luckily, the anesthesiologist showed up and started my epidural after two hours of contractions. Dr. Langer was ready for our delivery just before 6 am. Everything happened pretty quickly without any complications. Within 45 minutes we were holding our beautiful, perfect, sweet baby girl. She weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. She didn't have much hair (but a cute little tuft on her left ear) and two very distinct dimples, one on each cheek. It took a couple of days for us to decide on her name, Daisy Belle.  We love her so! We can't get enough snuggling with her. She is so sweet!




Cutest new Dad (again) on the planet!

I feel so grateful she is healthy.



Jordan Valley provided a special dinner for just the two of us.

I got a lot of one on one bonding during my 3 day stay.

Everything about her is perfect!

No comments: