Friday, February 5, 2016

Off Track Shenanigans

Round 2 of being off track. I kind of like Watson having a break from school every eight weeks. But, I do put a lot of pressure on myself to make sure we do fun things. This time is, after all, part of his vacation. I mean, he will be in school until middle of June, first part of July. We tried to squeeze in as much fun as I could handle in three weeks. There was quite a bit of hanging out, in zippy pajamas watching Netflix while doing heater trips. But there were some fun outings too.Thankfully Daisy is settling into a decent nap schedule, which is great. But, it does create a challenge for getting out of the house in between her two naps.


I promised to take Watson to the Lego store to spend his gift card from Grandpa Hoopes. He picked some cool Nexo Knights. I love to watch him build stuff. Chandler was the same way at this age.



Daisy has been practicing sitting up and continues to try different foods. She seems uncertain but willing. 
I spent some time drawing with Watson. I think I might frame my mini family portraits. It was fun to be a little artistic.

Daisy is ready for some cold outside time. I'm thankful she is so easy going!


We made it to the Museum of Natural Curiosity with some friends. Watson had a great time exploring with a few of his buddies and Daisy sat at the water table like a big girl!

Scott helped Watson to get a Kylo Ren light Saber and dressed up in full costume when he delivered it to him. Here's the life size version, with Watson as the mini.


I love dressing Daisy up in festive Valentine apparel. She is the cutest! Watson is pretty cute too, decked out in his love red clothes.



We made it to the STEMfest too. It was fun to see the different science/engineer stuff. Watson had a great time.



One of our last things we checked off the "Off track Bucket List" was a day trip. We headed to Ogden to visit the Children's Treehouse Museum. It was AMAZING! Watson had so much fun. There was so much to do. We don't get up that direction very often so when we do I love to see my cousin Natalie. We met her for lunch and had so much fun catching up.






We had a good time on the break but I'm ready (and I'm sure Watson is too) for school to start again. 

No comments: