Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Beginning

I have thought long and hard about creating my own blog...thanks to the blogs of my friends Jen E, Traci, and my cute sisters. I really want and need a spot to record our life happenings, the good bad and ugly, so I can see it from a perspective of gratitude. It is a difficult transition from single and independent to married with a step son and exes. Each day is definitely interesting. It will be good fun to record it all. And, finally, I can satisfy an inner prompting to keep our family history somewhere.
Chandler came to our home full time in October 2006 and it has truly been a joy to watch him grow and learn and become his own person. He teaches me so much and I finally understand why loving parents speak mostly of their children when "catching up" with friends. It's kind of funny to write Christmas newsletters because I could fill the whole page with things just about Chandler. I'm discovering that life is only as good and happy as you make it. I wish I had learned this lesson long ago or that I could learn it more quickly now. This blog is meant to help me make life good and happy daily for myself, my family and everyone else around me.

No comments: