Sunday, May 18, 2008

A New Man

Saturday morning something unusual happened. My husband sprung out of bed at the crack of dawn...to wash the windows. Ok, it wasn't the crack of dawn but 7:30 am on a Saturday morning is pretty early around the Carr house. This is strange considering he doesn't usually spring out of bed unless he's mountain biking or traveling with his buddies. Don't get me wrong, I love that he was fully energized to get some stuff done around the house. The windows definitely needed a good washing. I just wasn't planning to spend two additional hours cleaning the inside windows and screens and tracks. It was great, though, to see Scott be happy and productive and feel good about so much. Chandler was a big helper as well. He handled a nasty sweeping job with very little complaint and I expect he won't be scarred for life for working side by side with his dad loading up bark and getting dirty. It was a great Saturday to really get things in order around the home and just feel good about a big lifted weight.

2 comments:

Challey said...

Yay for you on the windows! I think that ours have only been cleaned once in the 6 1/2 years we have lived here. They were also cleaned by my hubby. It's time again, they are pretty gross. By the way, I am so excited about your blog!

Daisy Paige said...

I love productive days, but I don't get nearly enough. Keep an eye out for blog pics of our little garden area. Josh has done such a good job!