Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Thank you all for wishing me a happy birthday yesterday!
My very cute husband made the perfect breakfast of french toast (with bread from Hagerman's) & Chacon (my version of bacon, which means it's very crispy.) He also set the mood with a lovely bouquet of flowers from our garden. Tori, my oldest niece, sang to me in Spanish and French. I got several phone calls and text messages throughout the day and felt very blessed. So, thank you very much. I did feel a bit spoiled because I really just got to relax and enjoy the day. Scott was sweet enough to take the afternoon off work so we could play at Lagoon and just be goofy and carefree. It was great fun to be there with a smaller crowd and scream my head off while riding "Wicked" and "Jet Star 2." We love the rollercoasters!
Many of you may not know how old I am, and that is ok, unless you think I'm older than my actual age. I asked my Grandma Bee how old she thought I was. She looked at me and seemed to be calculating something in her head and then said, "47." What?!!! Where did she get that number? No, I'm not 47, not even close...I should mention that Grandma Bee will be 91 in August, so I'll give her a break. But, I'll stick with what my mom thinks, 31. I could be 31 forever. :) Yeah birthdays!

3 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Happy Belated Birthday Chazzie! I'm with you--I'll stick with 31 or even 29 forever! ;-) (or as long as I can get away with it :)) Sounds like you had a good one.

Natalie said...

Hey Chazzie!! Happy Birthday girlie! Hope to see you soon.

See ya cuz...

Natalie said...

P.S. I know how old you are!! Only because I'm RIGHT there with ya!!

Grandma Bee is hilarious.
When she first came to live with my mom, she said she hadn't seen me since I was a little girl (not true..she came to my wedding, held my newborns etc) and then she asked if I was still growing? So I guess she thinks I'm a pre-teen....so cute. Gotta love her!!