Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Traditions










Some of my favorite things about Christmas are the traditions. I've started a couple for our family that have been fun. I don't remember decorating ginger bread houses while I was growing up, but I love to do that with Chandler now. This is the first year, though, he's wanted to eat the candy off once the icing hardened. Scott got to help us this year so it was even more fun!
Wednesday night we bought and decorated the tree. It was kind of fun to have snow around us while we shopped at the tree lot. Scott jokes around with me every year about my wanting a Charlie Brown tree. I think it's kind of funny because that's the kind of tree my mom insisted to get every year. I understand the whole concept now...there needs to be room between branches for all of the fantastic ornaments! Besides, have you seen "A Charlie Brown's Christmas?" His tree is full and beautiful once its decorated by his friends! Our tree looks great every time, once the bare spots are filled in with twig stars and a collection of ornaments from all over the country and years of love. Chandler loves to put the star at the top, who needs a ladder when strong and handsome dad are around?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

We too love to do ginger bread houses.
This year we didn't get to do it.
Too much going on.
But the kids love doing it!
I bake them and then each child does one...it is fun to see how different they end up being.