Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fun, Fun, Fun



Over Christmas break the Carr family went on a little adventure--in our own backyard. Snowshoeing in Millcreek Canyon is really a great activity, especially for eight year old boys. It's also a great adventure for bigger boys too. Scott is such a great sport with Chandler. It was fun to watch them avoid falling in the river together and climbing hills.


Chandler was so excited to cross snow bridges, climb steep mountains and jump off fallen trees. It was a perfect day, a lot of other people thought so too. We saw lots of cross country skiers and hikers with their kids and their dogs. The trail was a great one for hiking or skiing on because once you got to the top you could sled your way down.

I wish I was better about taking advantage of our great outdoors. Scott gave me snowshoes two years ago for Christmas and I've only been half a dozen times! Once we purchase some for Scott and Chandler after the season's over, maybe I'll go more often. In the meantime, if you're ever up for a snow shoe adventure, give me a call!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess now this is not an option, due to the 'preocupied' post:).
But I would like to go with you some time.
I would have to rent one, but I think it would be fun.