Saturday, July 31, 2010

BIG Plan.

Summer has definitely moved along much faster than I anticipated, or wanted, or realized. I did have some BIG plans for our summer. Some have occurred, many have not, and I guess that is ok.  Since the 4th of July landed on a Sunday this year we thought we would celebrate it for the whole weekend, and the following Monday. We kicked it off with a bang with a parade and breakfast Saturday morning and at home fireworks Saturday night. Chandler is getting so brave to light things and he can't seem to get enough of it. It must be totally a boy thing. We joined Challey's neighborhood for the parade and breakfast. So fun to see how the kids decorated their bikes, scooters, strollers, and in Spencer's case, mini-motorbike.

Watson did enjoy the fireworks but was content enough to sit on my lap until they were over. He doesn't spend much time in one place for long so it was a pleasant surprise.  All in all, it was a great way to start off the celebration of America and all its blessings.
Sunday brought a surprise for our family. We got a call from Scott's uncle that Scott's mom was in the hospital in Grand Junction. We packed up the car pretty quick and headed there for a visit.  She is doing well now and we were lucky to have some time to visit.
Although my tribute to this land of freedom is late I still want to express my gratitude. This really is a blessed and sacred land. A place to worship God freely and enjoy His blessings as He sees fit. I'm grateful to be an American and I am doing my best to help my children appreciate this privilege also.
God Bless America!

No comments: