Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dad's Day

Father's Day. A day to honor fathers everywhere. A day to stop for a few minutes and really be grateful to the man who sacrifices for the good of his wife and children.  A time to reflect on lessons learned, love given, and a future together.
We honored Scott quietly--sort of. I missed the boat on breakfast...it's a hard thing to do with a 10 year old kid who loves to stay up and then sleep late in the summer. And a 10 month old boy who loves to get up before the sun but will nap with you on the couch until much later in the morn.  Father's Day this year began with rushing around at 8:30 am to make it to 9:00 am church. The father of the house was more than gracious in helping out and quietly nudging us along; we made it almost on time but as a happy family. I like to think I made up for the lack of special breakfast faux pau(?) by making a scrumptious dinner and an even yummier dessert.  My dad, sister and her husband joined us for dinner. My other sister and her family, my mom, and all my nieces came for dessert and r/c thrills and spills.  It seemed everyone had a good time and it made me just feel grateful to have such a fun family.  I'm sure I don't tell Scott enough what a great dad he is.  But, he is. I love to watch him play with Chandler, work together to figure things out. He is the best daddy to Watson and is so patient with his wanting to walk, rake, play in the dirt and throw rocks. I'm grateful he honors the priesthood and has a desire to become a better man every day. Even though life gets hard, and things are bumpy along the way, I know he has eternal perspective and tries really hard to honor it. I love him. Chandler loves him. Watson loves. Thank you for being our great dad. :)

No comments: