Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Monkey, A Man with a Yellow Hat, A Scientist, and A What(?)

Halloween weekend was a whirlwind around here. Our neighborhood Trunk or Treat was Friday night. Watson played along by wearing this year's costume once Scott dressed up. I played along, as much as I could, with a wig, glasses and a lab coat. For all you PBS Curious George watchers out there--I was Professor Wiseman. Watson loved it so it worked for me. Scott's costume was a hit and everyone loved our little "George."  No one recognized Chandler. I think he liked being anonymous. He was so excited to get his costume in the mail-- a morph suit. No, I hadn't heard of it before either. Coupled with his very old karate suit he was a mystery to everyone.

Saturday we gathered at Chad and Amy's house for our annual pumpkin carving party. The kids dressed up and had a ball running around the yard and creating original pumpkin designs.
Monday afternoon Watson, Channa, Nicole and I made it to Chandler's school for the Halloween parade. I had mixed feelings about this being the last elementary parade for a few years... Our school visit was followed by a little Trick or Treating at my office. The ladies thought Watson was so cute and gave him more candy than I, I mean, he should eat in a lifetime. Later we got a little visit from two VERY fancy witches and got another little treat.
We ended the evening with more Trick or Treating in Challey's neighborhood. Watson was so excited to go door to door with Stratton and Paris. He made sure to wish everyone "Happy Halloween!" I didn't think he would remember the candy existed after our evening of fun ended. He proved me wrong by climbing up on a chair to reach the treats on top of the fridge at 6 am the next morning. He has a memory like an elephant. I may be in trouble...

No comments: