Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Simple Gratitude

Thanksgiving. I have been thinking about what that means quite a bit through all of November. I was able to fill two and a half journal pages with the many blessings I count. I'm sure I could have filled more had I taken more time. At the top of the list is my family.
I am blessed, or lucky, to be married to Scott. He is my best friend. He is such a great father. He is true to the core good person. I am also blessed to be a mom for Chandler. He teaches me so much and plays an integral part of my training to live a more Christlike life. I am blessed to be Watson's mother. He makes each day interesting and fun. He also allows me to have brief glimpses into heaven and feel a fraction of what Heavenly Father feels for me. Yes, these are my greatest blessings. Of course, there are a gazillion other blessings each day. For that I truly feel simple gratitude.
Our Thanksgiving morning started early as Chandler and I ran the Utah Human Race 5K. It was Chandler's first race and he was happy and proud to finish it. I was happy and proud he finished it too.
We continued the festivities at Grandma Nettie's with most of the family with great food and our annual Bingo game.



The day ended with Scott and Chandler hitting Black Friday deals at several stores all through the night. We spent a lot of good time together last week. I'm grateful to be where I am and doing what I'm doing. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Nat said...

What a cute family picture! It was fun to chat last night and I hope Watson is feeling better.