Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Festivities

Easter was really early this year. It felt so good to raise the shades in the kitchen and get out all the spring decor. Watson and I tapped into our creative parts and doodled/colored on permanent eggs a couple of weeks straight. I have done pretty good to make something once and a month and put together a pretty doily garland. Bunnies and chicks reminded me of new life and the purpose behind the whole Easter season. Because of Jesus Christ, I can have a new life, any time I want. I just need to trust Him, love Him, and repent. And let him make me into who He knows I can be.



Our egg dying crew was small this year. We usually get together the Friday before Easter. The Smith kids and Watson did a great job being creative and patient with their small egg canvases. I really had fun drawing designs and then dying. I love that we can do this in my kitchen. 


Grandma Nettie is the biggest force behind the kids creativity. She is so good at making a way for them to explore and make something unique.


Some of our favorites!

The annual Easter egg and basket hunt at Grandma Nettie's was fun. Daisy was happy to hang out in the antique glider and mouth a plastic egg. All the cousins, minus Chandler, had a great time finding each egg. We also searched for Easter baskets, much to Grandma Nettie's amusement. It doesn't seem to matter how many times we have done this, it still takes over an hour for everyone to find their basket. That Easter Bunny sure is good at hiding things!


I'm so grateful for my sweet kids. They truly bring my so much joy, even in the midst of my own shortcomings and frustration. Watson is growing up fast and I'm so glad Daisy could be a part of our family. We miss Chandler when he isn't home, but are so grateful we can be a family all together.

No comments: