Thursday, March 3, 2016

Provo City Center Temple

Watson, Daisy and I made it to the open house for the Provo City Center Temple this week. I think this is Watson's third temple open house. This place is incredibly beautiful and peaceful. The whole story behind the making of this temple is amazing. An accidental fire caused the entire interior to burn. This building already had so much history and meaning to the people in Provo and when it was destroyed it was really sad. When President Monson announced it would become a temple, many were so happy the building wouldn't be completely lost. Not only was the exterior saved and preserved but now it would become the House of the Lord. Watson had so many questions as we walked through a lot of the temple's rooms. He remembered the baptismal font from previous temples he's been through. My favorite rooms to talk with him about were the sealing rooms. I love to be in the temple and I felt like I really need to look toward making it happen more often. In the meantime, I will try harder to make our home a temple of the Lord.

No comments: