Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Most Wonderful Time of Year

It's barely December and we are packing in as much fun as possible. Plus, we got to do a few things with cousins. We visited downtown to see the lights at Temple Square and the windows at The Grand America. We love this tradition. Daisy loved to see the funny penguin in each window and Watson loved to hang out with Paris and Stratton. We enjoyed being together and even braved dinner out to a semi-fancy restaurant with five kids. It was cold but totally worth it.



This giant gingerbread house was just the right size for Daisy. She would have loved to explore and lick each room...

We actually got our tree and up earlier than normal this year. I have to say this one is my favorite we've ever had. It turned out really beautiful. I love the smell and I don't mind the little mess that comes with having a real tree. This one was so pretty I couldn't bear to cut off the top more to make room for the star. So, the star was front and center near the top this year. We started mixing small white lights with a couple strands of big globe lights and I love the effect.

Of course we visited the Santa mailbox at Thanksgiving Point, it is the best place to send our letters. Thanksgiving Point is starting something new this year with Luminaria, I hope we can make a visit later in the month.

Daisy is loving the snow and doesn't seem to mind the cold much. She seems to know this month is a special time too. I love being part of all this with my family.

No comments: