Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Need to RELAX!

I've been thinking about myself a lot this past week. Not really about how much I want a pedicure or how I could use a massage or that I really should be getting into some kind of exercise routine. I've been thinking that I really want to be a fun mom and make sure to give my kids plenty of opportunity to enjoy childhood. Of course I want them to be happy, healthy, and understand they are sons of God. I also want them to be honest and true with a strong sense of right and wrong. I want them to want to work hard because they enjoy it and know that it is a gospel principle that will benefit themselves and others forever. These are all good things but sometimes I think I take them a little too seriously. So, I've tried to be more conscious of how I respond to things that irritate. I mean, will the world end if Chandler goes to bed at 9:30 instead of 9:00? Does my home need to be in constant order even though I have a curious nine month old baby discovering the world? Does my yard need to be immaculately manicured no matter what?  Really, in the long term, these things don't matter. But, my kids and husband do.  As part of this work in progress of my relaxing and enjoying my life more with my family, I've temporarily given up hope and ownership of the courtyard. I envision it to be something very beautiful and ready for socializing.
Something like this:

Now it looks like this:

That is an R/C car track, if you couldn't tell. Complete with berms, whoop dee do's, and tight corners.
But now my husband and son look like this:



If you have an R/C car and want to race, come on over. But be prepared, you'll be asked to help keep the track groomed.  And I'm here, to help cheer you on!

2 comments:

Walker Family said...

You know if Travis find out about that track he might come over there and never leave.

Unknown said...

I am happy for you Chazzie. Figuring it out what really matters!
Congratulations!