Monday, May 17, 2010

My "Big Kid" is 10!!!!

Posted by Picasa
I am totally amazed what five years does for a kid! When I became Chandler's mom he seemed so little--he didn't know how to tie his shoes yet and slept with a night light and many, many stuffed animals. Now, he begs to ride his bike to school, go to the store with his buddies, hang out in the neighborhood. He is almost as tall as me and seems to be growing up so much faster than I ever thought possible. Chandler is still the tender hearted boy he was when I first knew him. He is sensitive to others feelings and really wants people around him to feel good. Watson loves him to pieces--it's like a whole ray of sunshine enters the room when Chandler is around. Chandler is the best brother a kid could have. He loves to make Watson giggle and helps with what ever I ask. He is smart, loves anything related to math and still loves to build and create things. I love to watch him play with his dad, whether it be R/C cars, Legos, Erector sets--they build on each others ideas and creativity. Chandler likes to try to make new things, he recently did his first little backstitch project. He is always ready for fun and can play a pretty mean game of Monopoly. Other times he just likes to rock out on Band Hero. I love him. What more can I say? I'm grateful to be his parent. The next five years ought to be exciting!

No comments: