Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Little Vaca


Our family played a little 'hooky' from normal life a few weeks ago. It was our first road trip together--all FOUR of us. I guess you could say there were actually 11 of us. We met up with our good friends, Bill & Sadie Pierce and their five amazing kids, in a little place called Moab. It was really the perfect little getaway. Thanks to Scott's experience with this area we stayed at a cute little RV/Camping/Cabin campsite. It is the one right on the entrance to Moab. Our little cabin was perfect for all of us. Watson slept OK in his little portable crib, Chandler had the bunk beds to himself, and Scott and I rested on the double.  It was actually pretty cozy--but I don't envy those pioneers or anyone else from long, long ago who lived all together in a one room house.  Here was our agenda:
Bike as much as possible
Swim as much as possible
Relax as much as possible
Eat as much as possible
I can safely say we accomplished all, in one way or another.  Scott and Bill got in great rides in the wee morning hours--perfect weather for it.   Chandler was up every morning by 7:30 and headed to the pool with the Pierce boys. He said the water was warm, it didn't matter to me. I just wanted him to have fun and really enjoy himself.  I hung out with Watson during nap times and definitely got some relaxing. I also got to spend lots of time friendshipping with Sadie. We love the Pierce's! If only we lived closer to one another....
This was a great trip with them as well as with Scott's mom and brother. Brenda and Mike came over from Cortez and spent some time hiking and eating and chatting with us. So, now, Watson knows both of his grandmas!  The campground was so great, the company was so great, the weather was so great! We plan to be back again next year, although a little later--I guess you can't play hooky as easily as a sophomore in high school at the end of the school year during testing.  Oh well, I know we'll have a good time next year too. I wish I'd taken more pictures of everything. I'll be better next go around.

No comments: