Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Stepping Stone to Tackle

Chandler has been asking to play football for two plus years. I'm not completely opposed to the sport but my child lacks the aggression to really do well with a contact sport.  So, my requirement before Tackle Football was Flag Football. He has two games left of Flag, including today.  It seems he has been motivated to really show he likes to play--he's been a quarterback, kicker, and a pretty good defensive lineman(?) Still, not tons of aggression, but he does get in there most of the time and block and attempt to grab flags and he really likes to run the ball.  He still talks of playing Tackle in the fall--but has also mentioned a diversion of playing LaCrosse this summer.  I don't know, I guess it's good to let kids try everything?  I want him to have fun but to really do his best at what ever he chooses.  It has been fun to see him play and be excited about more than just winning!
(Green Pants)

No comments: